WARNING! These were taken approximately 390834 months ago (or in early June) and therefore warrant the following disclaimers.
Disclaimer 1: I did not get my hair done prior to these photos. I did have a haircut, but the color is REAL ROUGH. I know it’s bad and I’m sorry.
Disclaimer 2: The state of my hair is due to childbirth. If you are unaware, having a baby can cause hair loss. If you would like to know more or see additional unsightly photos, read this post.
I realize the first two disclaimers are about my hair. Believe me, there’s a reason.
Disclaimer 3: I did not look at this dress in a full, body-length mirror before these photos were taken. If I had, I would NOT have opted to wear an ill-fitting, unflattering garment simply because it was a nice brand in a nice color from the Rack for $14. Also, you cannot tell in the photos but it was stained AF. I made a poor, poor choice.
Disclaimer 4: I did not come prepared for these pictures. I did not bring a blanket, or any props or really anything at all.
Disclaimer 5: C and E’s outfits are just mehhhh. I chalk this up to my rampant indecisiveness that is a horrid symptom of my PPA. It came down to the wire on what they would wear and I just could not make up my mind for the LIFE OF ME.
OK, now that those are outta the way…feast your eyes!
Also, major hat tip to Liz Wade our photographer who was amazing, SO easy to work with, patient and talented.
After having lived through this experience (it was touch and go), I can now feel justified in offering up the following advice:
- Bring a GD blanket. Esp if you are taking outdoor photos.
- Before the photos, take care ‘ya business. Hair most notably.
- Dress up. This ones a personal pref, but I think photos look 823873 times better in more dressy clothing.
- Floppy sun hats are a YES for the littles.
- If your baby is still too young to sit up on her own, you best bring something to prop her up with! Or get yerself a GREAT photog like we did that can Photoshop out your hand that was holding the baby up (see pic of Clara sitting up as evidence, baby girl was being held up by David’s hand in this pic!)