If I’m not careful, this post could end up being far too emosh and teary-eyed like my last birthday post. It’s just that the people in my squad mean SO friggen’ much to me. I hold them near and dear to my heart, much like Swedish Fish and The Book of Mormon Soundtrack.
Today is my man David’s birthday. Allow me to tell you a little bit about him…
If David is anything, he is kind. There are so many qualities that make-up this amazing human being…but he really just has that zsa-zsa-zhu. That special somethin’. Is it his giant, generous heart? His uncanny ability to connect and relate with others? His willingness to help in any situation? Or maybe (just maybe) it’s those gorgeous, sparkling baby blues lined with thick, dark eyelashes that make me go weak in the knees…?
And before I go any further…baby pictures.
Ok. So maybe this post is quickly turning into one big pool of sappy love, (sorry!) but here are my favorite things about David:
- The way he loves, supports and treats me
2. The relationship he has with his family and mine
3. His sense of humor, humility and his self-confidence
4. How great of a Dad he is
5. The fact that he is a kid at heart (because so am I)
- His sweet tooth
- The fact that he is a baller (and an amazing coach)
- The fact that he is ridiculously good-looking
- His love of hip-hop and gansta things
- Our shared feelings about hiking and camping, our travel partnership and the fact that he doesn’t care that I can’t swim
Could I go on and on? YASSSS. But I won’t – I’ll spare you the 72-page long essay I could write on why I am so glad this person came into my life. How the way he says “putt-putt” and “cookie-cutter” always makes me laugh. How we can be our 100% authentic, true selves in front of each other. How we gave one another hope after our respective split-ups and lots of heartbreak.
Basically, David gives me confidence in those classic lyrics of everyone’s favorite TGIF program, Step-by-Step…(starring none other than Suzanne Somers).
Step by step
Day by day
A fresh start over
A different hand to play
Only time will tell
But you know what they say
We’ll make it better
The second time around!
love you David ♥
One thought on “Happy Birthday David!”
I love this and the way you are with my granddaughter and my son!❤️