I wouldn’t go so far as to say I am inspirational…
Unless you find it inspiring how much I love cotton candy and blush.
A big, giant, scary-sized hug to Sarah of Our Detroit Wedding for the nom, I truly appreciate it. Sarah is planning a wedding of her own and girlfriend is PREPARED. I wish I were half as creative or driven as she is, when it came to my own nuptials. Go girl.
In terms of rules, I must acknowledge the person who nominated me (check!), list 7 facts about myself and nominate 10 peeps. Honestly though, every time I follow directions and actually nominate 10 others, I never hear back. So I will just be keeping this award all about me!
7 Random Facts About Me
1. I am obsessed with period films (NO. Not movies about surfin’ the crimson wave). You know, the ones set in Britain, usually starring Colin Firth or Hugh Grant or BOTH. Where there’s family turmoil, affairs of the heart and most importantly, good ol’ fashioned romance. A time when holding hands and going for a stroll through the gah-dens was favorable. A world devoid of twerking, sexting and half-inch inseam, high-waisted acid washed shorts.
Marie Antionette (obvi)
Sense & Sensibility
Pride & Prejudice
2. I have recurring anxiety dreams (you know the ones) where I am late to my volleyball game and I don’t have my uniform or ankle braces or shoes or spandex and have to borrow everything. If you have ever played a team sport, you know how much it sucked when you forgot something and had to borrow. You were “that” girl.
3. I hate Canadian Geese. They are right above reptiles in my book.
4. I have always wanted to be able to “shoot the duck”. You know this move if you ever attended a Skate Night during elementary school. All the cool kids could shoot that mothereffin duck.
5. I recently purchased a Kitchen Aid in the color Ice and it is the crown jewel in our home.
6. The bottoms of my feet are perpetually dirty. Maybe it’s an Eastern Washington thing, or maybe because it’s the fact that I don’t like to wear shoes when I go outside to get the mail…
7. I just finished the book,”The Paris Wife” and I am now completely obsessed with Ernest Hemingway (or Hem, as I know refer to him). He had four wives, was a raging alcoholic and liked to fight people but for whatever reason I find the man to be intoxicating. Go figure.
All for now! Have a great hump day little fishies!