Happy Birthday to ME.
As you may or may not know, today happens to be my 30th birthday. A fact I am equal amounts happy and sad about. With a dash of anxiousness. It’s the end of an era. Thirty years, I have walked this earth, several of those hopefully with a little gumption. A positive attitude kept, dreams dreamed and realities realized.
I am tentatively approaching this new path before me like a young fawn, if you will, stumbling awkwardly with naivete and without grace. I shall cling to the familiarity of the ground below me and the sky above, as I always have. I will make my way down the path no doubt, but not without my share of bumps, twists and turns. Thirty. THIRTY. What will this decade hold?
Ok ENOUGH woodland creatures and nature analogies. I ask myself, can I enjoy this decade of mortgages, Pepcid AC and realizing I can no longer shop at Forver 21? Maybe I will and MAYBE I WILL. Here are other things I plan to enjoy whilst in my 30’s:
- Being one of those cool old people who can talk about hashtags, instagram and how to beat level 252 on Candy Crush.
- Involving myself in conversations with people in their 40’s and being like, “Who is Debbie Gibson?”
- Hugging servers when they ask to see my I.D
- Finding like, the sweetest diaper bag
- Getting super excited over discovering Ralph Lauren 600 thread count sheets in the clearance section of T.J Maxx
- Staying ahead of the curve with baby names…I hear Stephanie is making a comeback in 2015
- Seeing the faces of teenagers when I tell them I didn’t have a cell phone in college
- Subsequently realizing how awesome it was that boys had to talk to my Dad when they called my house and ask, “Is Natalie home?’ when I was in high school. So presh.
- Cringing at the amount of Jaeger I was able to drink
- Scolding people when they don’t wear sunblock
- Getting way, way, way too excited when Downton Abbey is on
- Exploring the world of SPANX
Gah! The list could go on and on.
Now – I am off to drink champagne and take selfies.
Have a great holiday!
6 thoughts on “30”
I hope you had a lovely birthday!!! x
Happy Birthday, Natalie!