I was tagged by the beautiful and talented, Debe to do the “Get to Know Me” tag. So automatically, I start humming “Getting to Know You” from The Kind and I. Here goes…
1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
BOARD straight. I’d like to think it has a bit of natural beach-wave to it. But let’s call a spade a spade. It’s straight and kinda homeless looking.
2. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
Salon, all the way. I have pulled it through a cap FAR too many times in the past and was left with cow spot highlights and a very sore scalp. Currently, I go to C.Joy Salon and I love it!
3. Do you wear the same style everyday, or do you change it?
I assume we’re still talkin’ hurr. It changes constanly. If it’s freshly washed, I like to do loose curls or straighten it a little. The next day they will be a bit messier but better. The next day it may be pinned back! I am CRAZY! I may throw in a sock bun (kinda done with those, though) or a messy pony for S’s and G’s.
4. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
DIY girl! Getting my nails done is a treat and not one that I could afford based on how often I change up my nail color. With great products like Out the Door Topcoat and Seche Vite – it’s pretty much fool-proof. Pedis are nice but I always feel horrible for the women who have to deal with my hobbit feet after sandal season.
5. How often do you change your nail polish?
I would say I change it about 4 times per month. I usually have nail polish on my nails unless I am being lazy or hate all the ones I have.
6. Do you polish your toes in the winter or just the summer?
Err…all year round! Because I am a perfectly-kept woman. JOKES. Unless my toes will be seen (i.e New Years party and I’m wearing a peep-toe) they are stored safely in fuzzy socks or boots and are likely bare with Saruman toenails…
7. How long does it take for you to put on makeup?
Monday through Friday for work, it takes me about 10 minutes. Weekends I can take up to an hour if you let me!
8. What do you do first? Face or eyes?
Face. Unless I am doing a really dark, smoky eye which will inevitably end up all over my entire face.
9. Do you collect makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?
I think I fall somewhere in the middle. I don’t have a bajillion mascaras but -Bryan – EARMUFFS! I do have an abundance of blushes, eyeshadows and lipsticks.
10. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
Special occasions only. I want to order a pair of mink lashes for my wedding! I am thinking these:
11. Do you do a full face of makeup everyday?
Oh heeeyll nah. I ALWAYS wear the following: under eye concealer, mascara, blush and lip color. Everything else comes and goes.
12. Do you wear makeup when you’re home alone or with family?
Usually I do. You never know when a good photo-bomb opportunity will present itself.
13. Will you leave the house without makeup?
I will. It is a rare occasion when I am 100% naked-faced (usually I will at least throw on concealer and mascara) but I definitely have and will.
14. How many high-end products do you have?
I would say I definitely have more drugstore than high-end. If something works, I am likely going to get it, no matter the price. The exception to this rule is (as an example) the Clé de Peau concealer because it costs $70 that sh*t is just cray.
15. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you’re getting dressed?
I maybe did this the day before 8th grade…and that was the last time.
16. How often do you change your handbag?
I would say 2-3 times per season. Right now, I rotate between my Rebecca Minkhoff Mac bag and a gray Longchamp.
17. What time do you wake up and go to sleep?
Up and at ’em at 6:30 am. In bed usually by 9 and asleep by 9:30. I. Am. OLD.
18. How often or when do you workout?
This fluctuates ALOT. Since we joined a gym, Bry and I usually go together after work (around 6 pm) for 40 minutes or so. I try to go about 4 times a week.
19. Left handed or right handed?
20. How tall are you?
5’11”. I used to be 5’11”1/2 (or six-foot denial) but I am shrinking I think.
21. Do you speak any foreign languages?
I am pretty well versed in baby talk and pig latin. I can also ask for wine, vodka and candy in French.
22. How many pets do you have?
ZERO. DON’T ASK.
23. How do you blog?
Ummm. I login to WordPress and start typing.
24. Do you read comments posted on blogs?
Yes, I often times do. Sometimes people say really funny things in the comments or ask a useful question. Obviously if there is like 10,000 comments I don’t.
25. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
I need to be better about this. Although, I usually only purchase things that lots of people are deeming Holy Grails. Then it is easy to remember.
26. How did you come up with your blog name?
It has changed over the years. It was Bry and Nat Cook, Adventures in Jackson and now The Natalie Diaries. It has morphed and changed along with what’s going on in my life.
27. What kind of camera do you use for your photographs?
My iPhone 🙂
28. How often do you clean your house?
We just moved in so I haven’t cleaned it top to bottom yet. Certain things need to be cleaned more often than others, obviously. So it will likely vary.
29. What’s your favorite color?
Do you really need to ask? PINK.
30. Do you swear?
Not often. Call me old-fashioned, but I don’t think it’s lady-like and I think it can make people sound just plain dumb. When used strategically, a well-timed cuss word can definitely enhance a story or joke. You just gotta be careful.
31. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
Since I’ve not been to the gym for a few days, I am going to spend a little time on the stair stepper and roll around on the mats, pretending to do sit ups. Then Bry and I are having pasta, wine and watching something from Redbox. Maybe a froyo run, I don’t know. We are so unpredictable and spontaneous!
I would love to hear from anyone who wants to participate in this tag! Now that you know me, I feel like I should know you…or else it will get awkward.