Hi, my name is Natalie and I’m a sunoholic.
I enjoying being tan. Snooki tan.
I know, I know. I live in Jackson, where temps dip as low as -18 degrees. And you don’t see consistent sun until July. Yes, July. Did I do my research before I decided to move here? No. Was I blind-sighted by the Tetons, abundance of mellow, Patagonia-clad people and the prospect of getting out of the ‘Kane? Certainly.
I’m ok with it.
While the weather here is not for us sun goddesses, the other amazing attributes make Jackson one of the most beautiful places on earth. For a true account of the power this place holds, not to mention absolutely gorgeous writing, please check out my bestie Carey’s blog post here.
So about 2 months ago, B took pity on me and indulged my hard-core sun addiction by suggesting we plan a trip to the land of sun, sin and foot-long margs. No, it’s not Sprague, Washington! Good guess though.
Both Bryan and I have been there multiple times, which means this trip we won’t be making those classic mistakes, such as:
- Staying in a sh*tty ass hotel at the end of the strip because it was only $49 a night.
- Strutting around the strip in skimpy clothes we bought at Rave that later break when we’re dancing too hard to “My Humps”.
- Going inside EVERY casino and catching all those free shows you have to see as a Vegas-virgin.
- Puking. Period.
- Not reserving a hotel for the last night we’ll be there and booking a flight out at 5 am. Since, like, we’ll totally be partying until then at a kickin’ night club when really we’ll end up sitting around a 24-hour diner eating cold stuffed mushrooms while my false eyelash dangles off my glitter-crusted eyelid. Or, was this just me, Meg, Holly, Carey and Bekah (the besties)?
Instead, Bryan and I are taking the classy route. Although our trip is indeed ridonculously cheap, we are planning some pretty sweet stuff. Consisting of, but not limited to:
- A 3-night stay at the luxurious hotel + casino, The Mirage.
- 2 tickets to LOVE (Cirque du Soliel’s Beatles show) SO pumped for this guys.
- Ridiculous amounts of pool-time.
Ok, so you know that Fantasy Football thing? Well here is my fantasy Vegas team:
- Holly Madison – Former GND. Current Vegas head-liner. Adore.
- Bill Cosby – I hear he’ll be in Vegas. “Theeeooo likes the swirrly puddin popsss…” (That was my Cosby)
- Bobby Flay – He has a restaurant in Vegas called Mesa. He’s a ginger. Need I say more?
- Barry Manilow – Confession: Not really a fan other than Copa Cabana.
- Criss Angel – Magician and mind freak. Duh.
We leave in two weeks. Tally ho!
What is your favorite thing to do in Vegas?