My one (and only) New Year’s Resolution was to start caring for my skin. Once a 16-year old with a yearly tanning membership – I have traded in my goggles and Australian Gold for Mystic Tans and SPF 70. But that’s where it has stopped.
To me, turning 30 hasn’t meant many changes. Case in point: I still listen to hits from High School Musical. OMG Sharpay yes. But it’s time to start smearing on the ol’ war paint so to speak. A war against wrinkles, crows feet and laugh lines.
So with no further adieu, I give you my newly acquired army hailing from Ulta.
You’re welcome for the awesome pics I took on the carpet.
1. Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Moisturizer $21.99
After doing a small amount of research, I discovered this product by Neutrogena. Earning high marks for it’s wrinkle-smoothing effects and a high SPF – I decided I would give it a try. Since it contains retinol, I wasn’t sure how it would react with my dryish skin. Jury’s still out, I’ll keep you informed.
2. Boots No. 7 Lift & Luminate Night Creme $17.44 (on sale)
This I bought based on an article I read on Oprah.com because, really, it’s Oprah. I chose this because it does not have retinol (don’t want to go overboard) and so far, I have been loving it’s ULTRA thick consistency and the great smell.
3. Tarte Maracuja C-Brighter Eye Treatment – Collector’s Edition $38.00
This I bought after Rebecca, from the Issaquah Ulta recommended it. I luuurve me some maracuja and anything that is going to brighten up my dark circles. Plus, the packaging is adorbs.
4. Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater $7.00
I got this based on a recommendation from YouTuber Jaclyn Hill. Plus, anything that is rose-scented wins my heart.
5. Zoya Pixie Dust Nail Polish in Godiva (on sale for $4.99 in case the sticker isn’t orange enough)
I got this because I saw another YouTube (I’m obsessed, clearly) Kristin Gehm. The pic doesn’t do this justice, it is SO pretty with subtle, itsy-bitsy sparkles and a great nude undertone.
Here it is on my nails, in really orange light:
6. OPI Mariah Carey 2013 Holiday Nail Polish in My Favorite Ornament $4.95 (Also on sale)
Rebecca, from Ulta was wearing this as an accent color on her ring finger and as we were talking, I totally interrupted her and was like “WAIT STOP WHAT IS THAT COLOR?” It is seriously the most beautiful glitter of all time. Ever. Amen.
7. Hoola Bronzer by Benefit $28.00
I needed a new bronzer and they were sold out of the Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soliel, so yeah. I have heard wondrous things about this bronzer and so far…I FREAKING LOVE IT.
8. Samples: Perricone Nutritive Cleanser, Juice Beauty Trio, DDF Wrinkle Resist Plus Pore Minimizer (Moisturizing Serum)
I am VERY excited to try the DDF serum, as I have heard great things about this line. I’ll be sure to share, don’t fret :).
And last, but not least check out my Seahawks eye look: